Tehran
Qatari authorities reported the interception of two Iranian missiles by a Patriot system after a joint US-Israeli military operation against Iran. Residents of the country were urged to stay home and away from military facilities.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu confirmed a joint operation with the United States against Iran. He emphasized that Iran should not have nuclear weapons that would threaten humanity.
The US evacuated some personnel from the Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar. This happened amid Israel's attack on Iran, which was jointly planned with the US.
Iran is preparing for retaliatory actions after Israeli strikes on the country, an Iranian official states. The response will be "devastating" after Israel launched strikes on Iran.
Israel is preparing for a multi-day conflict with Iran, an Israeli official says. The strikes, carried out jointly with the US, were aimed at the Iranian regime and military facilities.
The US and Israel have been planning a joint military operation against Iran for months. Strikes have been carried out in Tehran and other Iranian cities, with a large-scale attack expected.
The Israeli army attacked Hezbollah targets in Lebanon, violating the November ceasefire. A 16-year-old Syrian boy was killed in the strikes.
On February 28, Israel and the United States carried out a joint military operation, striking 30 targets in Iran. Among the affected objects were the presidential parade ground and the intelligence headquarters.
Israel launched strikes on the Iranian capital and closed its airspace. Strikes were reported on the residence of the Iranian president and the headquarters of the country's intelligence agency.
The IAEA has recorded regular and unexplained work by Iran at enrichment sites attacked by the US and Israel. UN inspectors are denied access, posing a threat to nuclear non-proliferation.
Journalists have confirmed a series of videos showing rallies, clashes around the Basij, and a statement by the Minister of Science about "zero tolerance" for unrest.
US President Donald Trump stated that Iran is resuming its nuclear program after US strikes. This intensifies speculation about preparations for new military strikes.
The Revolutionary Court in Tehran sentenced Mohammad Abbasi to death, accusing him of "enmity against God" and killing a security officer.
Student protests continue in Iran, triggered by the introduction of new strict rules of conduct and dress code. Demonstrations have engulfed the country's leading universities, leading to clashes with security forces.
Students of leading Iranian universities took to the streets in new protests after last month's bloody crackdown on rallies. Demonstrators commemorated the dead and demanded political changes, which led to clashes with security forces.
US President Donald Trump is considering limited military strikes on Iran to force Tehran to sign a new nuclear deal. This could lead to a new destabilizing conflict in the Middle East.
The US aircraft carrier Gerald Ford passed through the Strait of Gibraltar on February 20, preparing for possible strikes on Iran. It may join the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier strike group to increase pressure on Tehran.
Global oil prices rose after Trump's ultimatum to Iran regarding its nuclear program. The price of Brent crude exceeded $83 per barrel, as the market anticipates sanctions against Iran.
US President Donald Trump is exploring the option of a limited military operation against Iran. The goal is to force Tehran to agree to terms on a nuclear deal.
Donald Trump said that Iran must join the negotiations and conclude a deal, otherwise "bad consequences" await Tehran. According to him, if diplomatic efforts do not yield results, a decision on a possible strike could be made in the coming days.
Relations between the US and Iran are escalating over Tehran's nuclear program, threatening a major war in the Middle East. Ukraine is interested in peace to avoid rising oil prices and the strengthening of the Russian Federation.
US President Donald Trump has urged Great Britain to maintain full control over Diego Garcia island. This would allow strikes against Iran if necessary.
Donald Trump may order large-scale strikes on Iran that would last several weeks. This operation would likely be a joint American-Israeli campaign.
During negotiations with the US in Oman, the Iranian delegation proposed transferring part of its highly enriched uranium to Russia and suspending enrichment for several years. This was done to advance nuclear talks and avoid an attack by the US.
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi announced progress in talks with the United States in Geneva, but a deal on Tehran's nuclear program is not yet close. Both sides have issues to work on, although discussions were serious and constructive.
Iranian media confirmed indirect talks between the US and Iran in Geneva. Iran demands a complete lifting of sanctions and confidence-building measures regarding its nuclear program.
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi met with IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi on February 16 in Geneva. The meeting took place ahead of the second round of talks between Tehran and Washington.
Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps has begun naval exercises in the Strait of Hormuz. This comes amid rising tensions with the US and the resumption of nuclear program talks.
Iran is proposing that the United States include an economic component in a new nuclear deal, which would entail mutual benefits in exchange for limiting nuclear activities and easing sanctions. Tehran is talking about possible agreements in the energy, mining, and aviation sectors.
The American command is developing plans for prolonged military operations against Iran that could last a week or more. This is intended to be an argument in negotiations regarding Iran's nuclear and regional policies.