Two people, including a 4-year-old boy, were killed in Israeli strikes on Gaza
Kyiv • UNN
At least two people, including a 4-year-old boy, were killed in central Gaza, while seven others were injured. Israel said it was intensifying the strikes.

At least 2 people, including a 4-year-old boy, were killed and 7 others were injured in two Israeli airstrikes on the central Gaza Strip on August 23. Palestinian health officials said this, Reuters reported, according to UNN.
Details
One of the strikes hit a building in the city of Zawayda after the Israeli military warned residents to leave the area. Debris and shrapnel injured at least 6 people, including 4-year-old Mohammad Abdel-Salam Taha. He was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
"There is no ceasefire, there is nothing. We want solutions, we want to live in peace,"
The second strike occurred in the Nuseirat refugee camp. The Israeli military said it was investigating both incidents.
Israel warned of intensified strikes
Israel said it was intensifying strikes on Gaza following the reported launches of balloons, drones and kites from the enclave toward Israel.
The office of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Israel had warned Hamas of further intensified strikes and the possible evacuation of civilians if the launches did not stop.
Hamas representative Bassem Naim dismissed the warning, saying that children launch kites "in search of their innocent childhood among the ruins."
Iran says new sanctions threatened by “desperate” US will fail23.08.26, 19:52 • 2826 views
The U.S.-backed ceasefire that took effect in October 2025 halted the main hostilities but did not stop Israeli strikes. Israel says they are aimed at preventing attacks by Hamas and other militants.
According to Gaza health authorities, more than 1,280 Palestinians have been killed in the enclave since the ceasefire took effect. The Israeli military said that 4 of its service members had been killed.