A vessel carrying migrants sank off the coast of Tunisia, leaving 11 dead
Kyiv • UNN
Following the vessel accident off the coast of Tunisia, 11 bodies were found and three people are missing. Only one of the 15 passengers survived; the search is ongoing.

Tunisia’s coast guard recovered eleven bodies after a vessel carrying Tunisian migrants and heading to Italy sank over the weekend. Three more people are considered missing, UNN reports, citing Reuters.
Details
The coast guard, military and civil protection teams, supported by two helicopters, are continuing the search for those missing.
The vessel, which set out early Thursday morning with 15 people, mostly young, on board, sank off the coast of Tunisia, and so far only one person has been rescued alive, the head of a human rights organization dedicated to protecting migrants’ rights said on Saturday.
The man said he had drifted at sea for 48 hours before being rescued by a commercial vessel.
Those on board included seven members of one family and a man whose wife was pregnant, the head of the Tunisian Observatory for Human Rights told Reuters.
All the migrants were from the Ben Guerdane area in southeastern Tunisia, and on Saturday evening dozens of young people gathered in the town near the Libyan border, demanding that the search operations be expedited.
Police used tear gas to disperse the protesters.
A boat sank on Lake Kariba in Zimbabwe, killing at least 15 people12.08.26, 12:38 • 3486 views