The Appeals Chamber of the High Anti-Corruption Court (HACC) has upheld the decision on the preventive measure for the former Head of the Office of the President, Andriy Yermak, who is a suspect in a case involving the legalization of 460 million UAH in elite construction near Kyiv, UNN reports.
Details
Yermak's defense requested the cancellation of the HACC investigating judge's ruling dated May 14, which imposed a preventive measure in the form of detention with an alternative of bail.
During the hearing, Yermak stated that he considers the suspicion unfounded.
"The investigation has not obtained a single piece of evidence regarding any participation of mine in the financing, construction, and, accordingly, the legalization of any funds. Moreover, the mere fact of the construction of a residence completely unknown to me does not automatically constitute a crime," Yermak said.
He also stated that he has fulfilled all the obligations imposed on him.
"I am wearing an electronic bracelet. I would also like to bring to your attention confirmation that I have surrendered all my foreign passports. One of the largest bails has been paid for me. Even more, because there were many people who decided to help. It is more than 150 million," the former head of the OP stated.
In addition, Yermak noted that he did not personally post the bail.
"I was told that according to my income, I would have been ready to contribute up to 10 million hryvnias, but I physically did not have such an opportunity," he said.
The judge also asked Yermak if he was acquainted with Oleksiy Shevchuk, who had previously expressed readiness to take him on bail (surety). Yermak replied that he had heard of him but was not personally acquainted.
Addendum
Yermak is a suspect in a case involving the legalization of 460 million UAH in elite construction near Kyiv.
On May 14, 2026, a HACC judge ordered detention for the former head of the OP, Yermak, with the possibility of 140 million UAH bail. SAPO prosecutors had requested the amount be set at 180 million hryvnias.
On May 18, the HACC confirmed that 140 million hryvnias in bail had been posted for Yermak. Fundraising for his release began on May 15.
Yermak was released on bail and his defense filed an appeal.